Makes one latte
- 1 tsp matcha
- 2 oz water
- 8-10 discs of ceremonial cacao (Firefly Chocolate is a brand of cacao our team has fallen in love with. Feel free to use 3-4 T of your favorite dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- 6-8 oz milk of milk or plant milk (set aside 3 oz of your milk to heat up)
- 1 T your favorite sweetener (it sounds like a lot of sweetener, but the cacao we linked above is unsweetened. If you're opting to use your own chocolate, add sweetener to taste)
- In a small saucepan, heat 3 oz of your milk on low on your stovetop until it reaches a slight simmer. Remove from heat. You can also heat your milk in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Pour 3 oz of your heated milk into a mug or small bowl. Add your cacao discs or chocolate chips into the heated milk. Use an electric frother or spoon to gently stir the chocolate into the milk until it's completely melted. Set aside.
- Make a matcha shot. Try one of our three matcha shot methods!
- Begin layering your Iced Camo Matcha Latte! Grab a tall glass and pour your chocolatey milk mixture into the bottom. Add 4-5 ice cubes. Pour the rest of your room temperature or cold milk over your chocolate milk. Leave about 2 inches of room before you reach the top of the glass.
- Top off your drink with your matcha shot!
- Take a gorgeous photo of you with your Iced Camo Matcha Latte. Then add your sweetener. Stir your sweetener in and watch the layers incorporate into each other.
- Sip & enjoy!